Historical Black College/University (HBCU)
2017 – 2018 School Year
The time is growing close for our upcoming trip to Oakwood University for Oakwood Live. Do not wait until the final days to sign-up for this tour (October 4-8, 2017). We will depart for Oakwood on Wednesday evening October 4 at 9 p.m. and return on Sunday morning October 8 at 11 a.m.
One of the best learning tools for today’s student is travel, especially visiting college/universities. The Historical Black College Tour is designed to expose students to some of the best of these institutions that have contributed greatly to the growth of African American life in this country. Several institutions are visited during the upcoming school year and they are:
High School students interested in any of these college tours must complete an application, pay a $10 non-refundable deposit, attend one of four designated meetings and meet final payment deadline. The deadlines are different depending on the tour chosen.
Students seeking success after high school must be prepared to:
- Successfully complete all high school course work and pass all pre-graduation test requirements
- Specify all colleges/universities that have your interest and explore those college/university requirements for entry (this should be done as early as possible in your high school years)
- Search scholarships available for entry to a specific course of your interest and complete all scholarship paperwork requirements
- Discuss college/university interest with your high school counselor
- Make sure you are involved in extra-curricular school activities
- Explore with professionals their experience attending a historical black college/university
- Visit the college/university of your interest
REMEMBER, AS YOU WORK TOWARDS YOUR FUTURE “ONLY THE EDUCATED ARE FREE”. Study and work hard for success.
For additional information concerning the Historical Black College/University tour, contact:
Mr. Dennis Dunkins, Sr.
P. O. Box 50836
Fort Worth, TX 76105